Online blackjack is a table games favourite that requires both strategy and skill. You’ll be pitted against the dealer, and your aim is to score a higher hand, getting as close as you can to 21 without going over. For this reason, blackjack is often referred to as twenty-one.
Familiarise yourself with the lingo below and you’ll seem like a total pro!
- Hit: This means that you take another card from the dealer. You will go bust if your extra card takes your card total above 21.
- Stand: This means that you do not take any more cards.
- Split: If the first two cards are of the same value, they can be split into two hands.
- Surrender: This is when the House takes half of your bet – returning the other half to you
- Bust: You will go bust when your hand total exceeds 21. This means that you automatically lose.
- Double down: Once you have seen your hand, you can double by placing another bet that equals your initial bet. You then draw an additional card, a move that can only be made on the first two cards.
- Number cards are valued at their card number
- Face cards are valued at 10
- Aces are valued at either 1 or 11
Live Casino Blackjack
We also offer a Live Casino version of blackjack which is exceptionally fun to play and can be experienced in a life-like casino environment.
The dealers are presented to you in real-time through live video streaming, and you have the choice between a traditional dealer and a Playboy Bunny dealer.
The Live Casino version contains a unique Bet Behind feature, where you can track the lucky streak of top players.
How to play
Firstly, choose how much money you would like to bet on a hand. You will be able to see the available online blackjack betting ranges as soon as you log into the casino and launch the game. Once you’ve placed your bets, your cards will be revealed.
Once your cards have been dealt to you, you can choose to Hit, Stand, Double Down or Split.
Online Blackjack tips
Improve your odds and stand a chance of winning big if you play smartly. We have a few tips to help you along:
- Always hit a soft 17, split 8s, double down on 11 and stand on a hard 17.
- Don’t split 5s or 10s.
- Don’t stand on 12 through to 16 if the dealer shows a 7 or higher.
- Before you start playing, ensure that you have a game-plan. Get your strategy together to ensure that your game is as successful as possible.
- There are multiple basic strategy charts available online that can help you to understand the game a bit better and give you some insight as to what to do during the game.
Take a break every now and then, and most importantly – have fun!