Video Poker is just as fun as it sounds, as you go toe to toe with the dealer to test your strategy and skill. The aim of this online casino games favourite: whoever has the strongest hand comes out on top.
Tell me more…
Video poker was created around five-card draw poker, and is relatively new to the world of online gaming. Since its introduction, it has taken the online gaming world by storm. The game is simple to play, and incredibly enjoyable. The premise of the game rests on completing a winning hand using the 5 cards that you have received. You play against the House, and you get to choose between multiple variants, which fall under single-hand video poker and multi-hand video poker.
The low-down on video poker
- You can either play single or multi-hand video poker.
- Your first hand consists of 5 cards.
- To get the strongest hand, either hold or discard cards
- Discarded cards are replaced with new cards from the deck.
- Hands are ranked according to the value of the number on the card – the more valuable the card, the stronger the hand.
- You need to determine if your hand is stronger than the dealers – if you think it is, place your bets!
- Your payout will be determined by the strength of your hand.
Brushing up on your video poker strategy
It’s quite important to incorporate a bit of skill and strategy into your game play, and each video poker game has its own unique strategy.
Jacks or Better is a good starting point and familiarising yourself with this game sets a good foundation, as most other games are a variation of this game.
Video poker is one of the most popular online casino games around, primarily because it’s so ridiculously fun. It also appeals to players who are interested in brushing up their skills and strategy.
We’ll help make you a pro
We’ll equip you with a variety of hints and tips to help you progress in your game play and make you the best player you can be. Use these as a guideline and make your way to the top of the video poker ladder.
Try it out right now and register an account